Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Amazing bike

...this is, it has some very nice details. The American racing wheels are the holy grail offcourse,
the 2 into 1 pipes, molded and dished tank are interesting as well. I think those are twin lake injectors on there as well,


  1. That's Joe Hurst's Dick Allen equipped bike, one of my favorites of all time. I saw it in person at a show in Dec.'72 ?, before it was in St. Chopper magazine and it blew my mind. I was so disappointed when they didn't make it the main feature bike and didn't run any color photos.

  2. Should have known by all the cool details that it was a Dick Allen bike! Awesome that you have seen this bike in real life back then, what kind of color was it?

  3. I remember it as very dark blue with all the stripes done in a rainbow of colors like reds, yellows or golds, etc.

    Pictures don't do it justice. It was the first bike I had seen where all of the aluminum was bead blasted (no polishing), with every nut and bolt chrome plated.

    I plan a post on it myself, and will tell a bit more then.